Weekly sports update: Jan. 13-Jan. 20

After+defeating+his+opponent+in+the+Holt+Quad+on+Dec.+4%2C+junior+Anthony+McRoberts+celebrates.+This+week+on+Dec.+16%2C+McRoberts+pinned+his+opponent+to+seal+the+Lancers+victory+over+Lindbergh.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Weekly sports update: Jan. 13-Jan. 20

After defeating his opponent in the Holt Quad on Dec. 4, junior Anthony McRoberts celebrates. This week on Dec. 16, McRoberts pinned his opponent to seal the Lancers victory over Lindbergh.

Kayla Carpenter, Sports Editor

Boys Basketball: On Jan. 18, the boys basketball team lost to Marquette with the final score being 59-54, and on Jan. 21, the Lancers fell to Wentzville Liberty 65-49. Their record falls to 6-10, with their next game on Jan. 23 against Cleveland at Parkway West with tip-off at 4 p.m.

Boys Wrestling: On Jan. 16, the boys wrestling team defeated Lindbergh 36-29. The victory was sealed by a match winning pin by junior Anthony McRoberts. On Jan. 19, the Lancers traveled to Kansas City, Missouri to compete in the 48th Winnetonka Invitational. In the 24 team meet that included 67 ranked wrestlers from Missouri, Kansas and Iowa, the Lancers finished sixth as a team. Seniors Jayden Carson and Austin Wegener placed second in their respective weight classes while senior Jaylen Carson finished fourth and junior Jalin Reese placed third.

Girls Basketball: On Jan. 15, the Lady Lancers traveled to Oakville and defeated the Tigers 54-44, and on Jan. 18, the Lady Lancers defeated McCluer North 48-37 to improve to 8-6 on the season. The girls basketball team’s next game is on Jan. 22 at home against Timberland at 6 p.m. 

Girls Swimming:  On Jan. 15, the girls swim team defeated Eureka 123-63. Then on Jan. 19, the Lady Lancers competed in the Kirkwood Invitational where they took fourth overall. The girls next meet is on Jan. 22 at 4:30 p.m. against Marquette. 

During the Jan. 15 swim meet against Eureka, senior Katie Haefner prepares for a dive. The Lady Lancers defeated the Wildcats 123-63.

Girls Wrestling: The Lady Lancers defeated Lindbergh on Jan. 16 with a final score of 42-24. Senior Emily Liu was awarded the Sportsmanship Award from Lindbergh High School. The girls remain the second ranked girls wrestling team in Missouri. The girls next competition is on Jan. 23 against Parkway South at 5 p.m.

Ice Hockey: The ice hockey team defeated O’Fallon 9-1 on Jan. 17. Junior Josh Hansen had three goals in the win while senior Grant Robinson contributed two goals. The team’s next game is on Jan. 25 at the Fenton Forum where the Lancers will take on Eureka at 9 p.m. 

About the Writer
Kayla Carpenter, Sports Editor

Kayla Carpenter is a junior, and this is her second year on staff. She is on the girls varsity basketball team, runs cross country and is a member of Key Club. She enjoys to read and spend time with friends and family. After high school, she plans to study pre-med and go to medical school. She can be...