The Lancer Feed

Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

Firemen+exit+the+building+after+confirming+that+the+alarm+was+only+a+faulty+smoke+detector.
Firemen exit the building after confirming that the alarm was only a faulty smoke detector.

Firemen exit the building after confirming that the alarm was only a faulty smoke detector.

Jack Weaver

Jack Weaver

Firemen exit the building after confirming that the alarm was only a faulty smoke detector.

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






The first day of school didn’t go as planned after a fire alarm sounded during fourth hour.

The alarm not only interrupted classes, but also cut short lunch shifts.

Crews from Metro West Fire Department arrived shortly after the alarm sounded.

According to Battalion Chief Mike Digman, the alarm was caused by a faulty smoke detector on the second floor.

Once the building was secured, students re-entered and followed a modified bell schedule to accommodate for the lost time.

Student Resource Officer Jim McDonald confirmed that the source of the alarm was an incorrectly wired smoke detector in the newly-renovated science wing.

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

About the Contributor
Jack Weaver, Digital Media Editor
Jack Weaver is a sophomore, and this is his second year on both the Image staff and the Digital Media staff. He enjoys making videos and playing baseball and basketball. In his free time, he likes to listen to country music. Jack can be contacted at jweaver096@rsdmo.org.
Leave a Comment

The Laner Feed staff reserves the right to delete the contents of comments which it deems inappropriate.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Navigate Right
Navigate Left
  • Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

    School News

    Renovated science halls show positive results

  • Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

    News

    Michael Franklin announced as new Associate Principal

  • Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

    News

    Pitchyaiah attends Missouri 100 Scholars luncheon

  • Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

    Local News

    NHS expresses admiration for staff with goody bags, letters

  • Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

    News

    Students display musical skill through solo and ensemble festival

  • Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

    News

    FACS class gives makeover to ROSE award recipient

  • Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

    Local News

    Library assistant Nancy Hendricks passes away

  • Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

    News

    Parking passes 2018-2019 available for purchase

  • Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

    News

    Irvin leaving Lafayette for new position at Webster Groves High School

  • Fire alarm disrupts first day of school

    News

    Final exemptions now processed online

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Lafayette High School's online newspaper and #1 source of news
Fire alarm disrupts first day of school