Weekly sports update: Jan. 20-Jan. 27

During+the+Jan.+17+ice+hockey+game+against+O+Fallon%2C+junior+Jack+Chubb+avoids+two+O+Fallon+defenders.+The+Lancers+defeated+the+Panthers+9-1%2C+and+Chubb+had+one+assist.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Weekly sports update: Jan. 20-Jan. 27

During the Jan. 17 ice hockey game against O Fallon, junior Jack Chubb avoids two O Fallon defenders. The Lancers defeated the Panthers 9-1, and Chubb had one assist.

Shannon Worley

Shannon Worley

Shannon Worley

Carson Luther, Staff Writer

Boys Basketball: The boys basketball team played a series of games at Parkway West over the week. Their first game against Wentzville Liberty on Jan. 21 resulted in a 65-49 loss. The team then defeated Cleveland on Jan 23, with a 74-23 win. The Lancers then lost against Parkway West on Jan 25, with a 43-35 score. Their next game will be at Lafayette against Jennings at 7 p.m on Feb. 1.

Boys Wrestling: On Jan. 23, the boys wrestling team defeated Hillsboro 50-15 and Parkway South 55-17. On Jan. 26, the Lancers competed in the Francis Howell “Thrasher” Tournament, and they finished third out of 39 teams. Senior Jayden Carson placed second in his weight class, and senior Jaylen Carson placed third in his weight class. 

Girls Basketball: On Jan. 25, the girls basketball team defeated Nerinx Hall. Kayla Carpenter, junior, led the team in points with 16 while sophomore Brynn Jeffries led the team in steals with four out of the teams eight steals. The Lady Lancers move on to 9-6 on the season.

Girls Swimming: On Jan. 26, the girls swim team won the Springfield Invitational. Freshman Lindsey Lohr got 4th place in the 100 meter breaststroke which put the Lancers into first place. The 200 meter medley with seniors Katie Haefner and Cate Behl and juniors Sarah Higgins and Claire Van Biljon took first place. The 200 meter free relay, was won by Behl, Haefner, Van Biljon, and freshman Dylan Moulton

Girls Wrestling: On Jan. 23, the Lady Lancers defeated Hillsboro 42-15. On Jan. 26, the girls wrestling team competed in the Seckman Invitational. Freshman Faith Cole placed first in her weight class while sophomore Jossette Partney placed second in her class. The team will host Mehlville on Jan. 30 for their last league match of the season.

Ice Hockey: On Jan. 25 the boys hockey team defeated Eureka 6-2. The team tied 1-1 with Fort Zumwalt South the following evening on Jan. 26. This week is the start of playoffs for the ice hockey team. The Lancers are currently placed in the third seed in the Wickenheiser Cup.  

About the Writer
Carson Luther, Staff Writer

Carson Luther is a junior, and this is his second year on staff. Carson enjoys playing lacrosse and working on cars. He works at The Inns of St. Albans Country Club and Silky's. He can be contacted at cluther044@rsdmo.org.