Weekly sports update: Jan. 6-Jan. 13

On+the+Jan.+9+game+against+Hazelwood+Central%2C+senior+Sydnie+Wolf+dribbles+the+ball+down+the+lane.+The+Lancers+lost+the+game+48-41.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Weekly sports update: Jan. 6-Jan. 13

On the Jan. 9 game against Hazelwood Central, senior Sydnie Wolf dribbles the ball down the lane. The Lancers lost the game 48-41.

Sophia Scheller

Sophia Scheller

Sophia Scheller

Sophia Scheller, Staff Reporter

Boys Basketball: Due to the early release on Jan. 11, the Lancers’ game against Pattonville was canceled. Their next game will take place on Jan. 18 at 7 p.m. against Marquette. 

Boys Wrestling: On Jan. 8 the Lancers defeated McCluer North 60-19, improving to 13-1 on the season. According to Missouri Wrestling, the boys wrestling team is ranked fifth as a team in Class 4 with five ranked wrestlers including senior Jayden Carson who is ranked second in the 120 weight class, senior Jaylen Carson who is ranked fifth in the 132 weight class, senior Austin Wegener who is ranked first in the 220 weight class, junior Jalin Reese who is ranked sixth in the 113 weight class and sophomore Gabe Frankenberger who is ranked third in the 145 weight class. . On Jan. 18 the Lancers will travel to Kansas City, Missouri where the Lancers will compete in the Winnetonka Invitational.

Girls Basketball:  On Jan. 9 the girls basketball team fell to Hazelwood Central 48-41. The loss moves the girls record to 6-6 on the season. Due to inclement weather, the game scheduled for Jan. 11 against Westminster was cancelled. The game has been rescheduled for Feb. 15. The Lancers next game is at McCluer North on Jan. 18.

Girls Swimming: Due to inclement weather, the Kirkwood Invitational on Jan. 11 was canceled.

Girls Wrestling: On Jan. 8 the girls wrestling team had a home match. The Lady Lancers defeated McCluer North 36-18, but they fell to Rockwood Summit 41-24. According to Missouri Wrestling, the Lady Lancers are the second ranked girls wrestling team in the state and only seven points behind the top ranked Lebanon. Midway through the season, the girls have four State ranked wrestlers including Faith Cole who is ranked first in the 103 weight class, Emma Cole who is ranked first in the 143 weight class, Josette Partney who is ranked third in the 167 weight class and Treasure Smith who is ranked sixth in the 187 weight class. 

Ice Hockey: On Jan. 8, the boys hockey team defeated Parkway South 7-3 at the Queeny Recreational Complex. This week, the team’s game will be Jan. 17 against O’Fallon at the Queeny Recreational Complex at 6:30 p.m.