Lancer football season kicks off with community bash

Morgan Vehige, Sports Editor

• At the community event on Aug. 24, Lafayette junior varsity football scrimmaged against themselves, using red caps to represent defense.

• Freshman quarterback pitches the ball to his running back.

• While the junior varsity and freshman teams scrimmaged, varsity ran special teams drills.

• Performing on the track, freshmen cheerleaders led the event in cheering before junior varsity and varsity cheer performed later.

• Varsity cheerleading closed out the cheerleading showcase of the night.

• All levels of cheer and Escadrille joined together to perform the fight song on the track.

• Varsity Escadrille takes the stage after junior varsity to showcase their talents.

• To end the last of the performances, junior Escadrille, comprised of sixth, seventh, and eighth graders, finished off the night.

• There were many food trucks at the event, including Street Chef Tex-Mex food.

• Lancer moms sold new football and cheerleading spirit-wear all throughout the night.

On Saturday, Aug. 24, the Lancer football organization hosted an annual football kick-off bash. During the event, teams played against each other, offense against defense. Freshman and junior varsity shared a field for the first hour, running pass plays and run routes, while varsity ran drills with their special teams. Spirit-wear for football and cheerleading was also sold throughout the night, alongside several food trucks at the event. The varsity team plays their first game at 7 p.m. on Aug. 30 at home against Timberland. The theme is White Out.