Weekly sports update: Oct. 21-Oct. 28

During the Oct. 15 field hockey game against Rockwood Summit, senior Lilly Balderson pushes the ball down the field. The Lady Lancers fell to the Falcons 1-2, but they ended the regular season with a 12-8 record. The Lady Lancers' next game is on Oct. 30 against MICDS where the girls will attempt to advance to the Final Four of the State Tournament.

Sam Doehring

Sam Doehring

Carson Luther, Staff Writer

Boys Cross Country: The boys cross country team earned first place at the Sectional Meet on Oct. 27. Aiden Murphy, junior, and seniors Harrison Brown and Michael Nicholson secured the fourth through sixth place positions to cement the title. The boys will compete for a State Championship title on Nov. 3 in Jefferson City, Missouri.

Boys Soccer: On Oct. 23, the boys soccer team fell to Rockwood Summit with a score of 0-1. On Oct. 24, the Lancers beat MICDS, 2-1, in penalty kicks. The team fell to Ladue, 2-3, in penalty kicks on Oct. 25. The Lancers will play at Marquette in the first round of the District Tournament on Oct. 30 at 4 p.m. 

Boys Swimming: On Oct. 25, the boys swim and dive team finished fourth in the Conference Meet. Senior Devon Gordon placed first in diving, and senior Cameron Kratky took first place in the 100-meter backstroke. Seniors Ben Brim, Jacob Hepper, Cameron Kratky and Josh Moellenhoff took second in the 200-meter medley relay.

Field Hockey:  The field hockey team defeated Marquette in a 2-0 win in the first round of the State Tournament on Oct. 27. The Lady Lancer’s will take on MICDS on Oct. 30 at 3:30 p.m. for the second round of the State Tournament.

Football: The football team ended their season on Oct. 26 at Kirkwood, as they fell to the Pioneers 6-44. Senior Jack Politte scored the team’s only touchdown. The Lancers finished the season with a 3-7 record.

Girls Cross Country: The girls cross country team did not qualify to move on as a team to the State Championship Meet. Although the team is not running, senior Anna Karner is moving on to run individually. She placed fourth in the Sectional race to qualify for the State Championship Meet. She will be running on Nov. 3 in Jefferson City, Missouri.

Kayla Carpenter
Running in the Parkway West Invitational at Living Word Church, senior Anna Karner expresses her enthusiasm. Karner finished sixth in the race on Sept. 29, and this weekend, on Nov. 3, she will race in the State Championship Meet.

Girls Volleyball: The girls volleyball team defeated Marquette in three sets on Oct. 24 to win their 12th consecutive District Championship title. On Oct. 27, the team also won the Sectional Championship title when they took down Cor Jesu in three sets. The Lady Lancers will take on Eureka in the State Semi-Finals on Nov. 2 at the Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, and if they win, they will play for the State Championship title on Nov. 3 at 7:30 p.m.

About the Contributors
Carson Luther, Staff Writer

Carson Luther is a junior, and this is his second year on staff. Carson enjoys playing lacrosse and working on cars. He works at The Inns of St. Albans Country Club and Silky's. He can be contacted at cluther044@rsdmo.org.

Kayla Carpenter, Sports Editor

Kayla Carpenter is a junior, and this is her second year on staff. She is on the girls varsity basketball team, runs cross country and is a member of Key Club. She enjoys to read and spend time with friends and family. After high school, she plans to study pre-med and go to medical school. She can be...