Weekly sports update: Sept. 23-Sept. 30

At+the+start+of+the+Sept.+29+race+at+Living+Word+Church%2C+the+boys+cross+country+team+fights+to+get+to+the+front+of+the+pack.+The+Lancers+placed+sixth+overall+at+the+Parkway+West+Invitational%2C+and+senior+Harrison+Brown+places+third+overall.+
At the start of the Sept. 29 race at Living Word Church, the boys cross country team fights to get to the front of the pack. The Lancers placed sixth overall at the Parkway West Invitational, and senior Harrison Brown places third overall.

Kayla Carpenter

Kayla Carpenter

Carson Luther, Staff Writer

Boys Cross Country: On Sept. 29 the boys cross country  finished sixth overall at the Parkway West Invitational at Living Word Church. Senior Harrison Brown led the team with a third place overall finish. Their next meet is the Suburban West Conference Championship on Oct. 6 at McNair Park.

Boys Soccer: On Sept. 25, varsity soccer fell to Parkway West, 2-0. On Sept. 26, varsity soccer beat Wentzville Holt High School, 1-0 in overtime. Senior Thomas MacInnes scored on an assist from junior Matt Kanan. The boys soccer team will host Francis Howell Central on Oct. 1 at 6 p.m. On Oct. 2, they will play at Webster Groves. They will end the week by hosting Oakville, on Oct. 4.

Boys Swimming: On Sept. 25, the boys swim team beat Eureka in nine out of the 12 events. They went on to win the whole meet, 113-73. They will host Parkway West on Oct. 2, and then on Oct. 4, they will host Kirkwood, at 4:30 p.m.

Field Hockey: The girls field hockey team defeated Eureka on Sept. 25 and Parkway West on Sept. 26 improving their record to 9-5. Sophomore Mia Simpson scored a goal in each game and assisted on one goal against Eureka. Simpson leads the team with nine goals on the season while junior Rachael Bierschenk leads the team with eight assists. This week, the girls will play on Oct. 2 at 4:30 p.m. against Nerinx Hall at home and on Oct. 5 at 4:30 p.m. at MICDS.    

Football: The football team earned their third win of the season on Sept. 28 against Parkway South. Juniors Joey Moorkamp and Caden Phipps each had one touchdown and senior Christian Masucci kicked two field goals in the Lancers’ 19-8 victory.  The team’s next game is on Oct. 5 at Parkway North at 7 p.m.

Girls Cross Country: The girls cross country team finished sixth overall at the Parkway West Invitational at Living Word Church on Sept. 29. Senior Anna Karner led the team with a seventh place overall finish. The girls’ next meet is the Suburban West Conference Championship on Oct. 6 at McNair Park.

Girls Golf: The girls golf team lost to Marquette on Sept. 24 155-160, but they placed 3rd overall in the Suburban Conference Championships with a score of 397. Sophomore Brooke Biermann had the lowest 18-hole score of 71 with -1 par. On Nov. 1, they will compete in the Class 2 District 3 Tournament at The Landings at Spirit GC.

Girls Tennis: The Lady Lancers completed their regular season with a victory against MICDS on Sept. 24, ending the regular season with an 11-2 record. The District Tournament begins on Oct. 2 where the team will take on the winner of the Parkway West and Parkway North matchup at 4 p.m. at the LHS tennis court. If they win on Oct. 2, the girls will take on the winner of the Marquette and Parkway Central  on Oct. 3 for the District Championship title and a berth to the Sectional Tournament.

Girls Volleyball: The Lady Lancers held their annual Dig Pink Game and defeated Marquette on Sept. 25 in two sets. They now have a 12-4 record and senior Staciana Stock continues to lead the team with 25 aces and 158 kills. The team will play two conference rivals this week when they take on Eureka at Eureka on Oct. 2 at 5:30 p.m. and Kirkwood at home on Oct. 3 at 5:30 p.m.

Softball: This past week, the Lancers defeated Francis Howell Central 10-5 and Summit 10-8. Next week, on Nov. 1 they play Francis Howell North at 4:15 p.m. On Oct. 2 they play at 6:30 p.m. against Marquette at Ellisville Athletic Association. The team will also play Hillsboro on Oct. 3 at 6:15 p.m. At 4:30 p.m. on Oct. 4, they will play against Eureka.  

About the Contributors
Carson Luther, Staff Writer

Carson Luther is a junior, and this is his second year on staff. Carson enjoys playing lacrosse and working on cars. He works at The Inns of St. Albans Country Club and Silky's. He can be contacted at cluther044@rsdmo.org.

Kayla Carpenter, Sports Editor

Kayla Carpenter is a junior, and this is her second year on staff. She is on the girls varsity basketball team, runs cross country and is a member of Key Club. She enjoys to read and spend time with friends and family. After high school, she plans to study pre-med and go to medical school. She can be...