As Seen In The Image: Out of this World

Alex Rozar, Opinions Editor

Andy Klesh graduated from Lafayette High School in 2001. Now, 18 years later, Klesh’s work as a Chief Engineer for NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) has helped to bring scientific advancements to Mars. Check out our story on Page 17 of the Image Magazine’s February issue for more.

• Andy Klesh (center) traveled to Alaska's Matanuska Glacier in 2017 to test out mapping technology in underwater tunnels called moulins. Klesh said that same technology may one day be used on Jupiter's moon Europa. Also pictured: Keeton Kroon and John Leighty.

NASA's JPL

• Klesh dives to test the Buoyant Rover for Under-Ice Exploration (BRUIE) at the California Science Center in Los Angeles in 2015.

NASA's JPL

• Klesh and systems engineer Annie Marinan discuss the Mars Cube One (MarCO) technology demonstration at a press briefing before launch at Vandenberg Air Force base.

NASA's JPL

• Klesh speaks at a conference about CubeSats that was streamed live on YouTube on April 21, 2016. CubeSats are satellites that weigh less than three pounds that are used by NASA scientists for interplanetary research.

NASA's JPL

• An artist's rendering of the two Mars Cube One (MarCO) spacecraft in deep space. Andy Klesh served as Chief Engineer for the MarCO mission.

NASA's JPL