Lafayette High School's online newspaper and #1 source of news

Club Reports

October 13, 2016

Lafayette’s UNICEF Club offers a variety of great opportunities for any student looking to be more involved.  

“It’s a very student driven club,” sponsor Dawn Indelicato-Faw said.  

The club was started 3 years ago when two students, Beesan Daoud and Kerri Wong, were inspired by UNICEF’s mission.  Daoud and Wong took initiative and began Lafayette’s own UNICEF Club.  

The club strives to educate the students of Lafayette about other countries and how UNICEF helps them.  At each meeting, a presentation on one of the many different aspects of UNICEF is given, such as the different medical issues children in other countries face.  The club is also involved in a few fundraisers.  One of  the many fundraisers is the trick-or-treat with UNICEF boxes which reaps many donations on Halloween night.  As a nonprofit club, all the proceeds directly benefit UNICEF.  

The club meets once a month on Wednesdays, in Room 150.  For more information, contact Indelicato-Faw in Room 150.  

About the Writer
Amisha Paul, Editor-in-Chief

Amisha Paul is a senior, and this is her third year on staff. She is a part of Student Council and LHS girls swim team. Her hobbies include reading and spending time with her friends. She is still undecided about her future plans. Amisha can be contacted at apaul027@rsdmo.org.